From ice cream to creamy stuffed pasta, tofu to fantastic fusion foods, there have been some mighty fine entries these last weeks in the wonderful world of veganism! Below are some of my favourite recent finds.
Please keep in mind I haven't personally tried all of these recipes, but they're on my immediate to-do list (meaning ingredients will be purchase on my next shopping trip).
Ah.Mah.Gahd! Are these cupcakes fer realz?! These cardamom chocolate cupcakes with chocolate dipped pear have totally caught my eye, and I would like them to insert themselves into my belly right this instant. Seriously, lady, you're my hero. These are gorgeous and they look like an explosion of delicious. If you are ever in South East England, I beg of you to come bake cupcakes for me.
Vegan Pasta Roundup
Who doesn't love pasta? The whole world's a fan, or so far as I can tell anyway, and there's just no need to use dairy when there are hip and hot dishes like these.
- Vegan Manicotti: not too tricky but very impressive. I've been craving this since I first saw it, and I can't wait to get some of that vegan goodness in me tum!
- Broccoli Miso Pasta Sauce: perfect if you're craving some greens with your carbohydrates.
- Daiya Macaroni Cheese: one of many delicious looking vegan macaroni cheese variations on a theme available on the ol' interwebs (gah, I am dying to try Daiya cheese. Just dying).
Snacks and Sweets
- Lavender Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: not new, but seriously yumtastic. I'm secretly (as secret as public blog posts go) happy my husband doesn't like lavender because it means the whole tub (what's left of it) in the freezer is mine.
- Peach-Strawberry Dessert Soup with Vanilla Tapioca Sauce: does this not look like heaven? My husband also hates tapioca, so I'm sensing another selfish dessert endeavour.
- Maple Glazed Cranberry Walnut Cookie Bars: if the stunning picture is anything to go by then these cookies, once made, aren't going to last long around here!
- Besan Tofu: while not in fact bean curd (and not in fact a new post, but recently brought up again on the ppk forums), who'd have thought of making a mock tofu out of chickpea flour?
- Crispy Tofu with Citrus Soy: also not a new recipe, but new to me, this delicious looking fried tofu can be veganised by omitting the egg (try corn flour and water instead).
- Vegan Okonomiyaki: this sounds so good it almost makes me want to cry. These are savoury Japanese pancakes generally made with egg, but Ian's managed to veganise the concept. I'm totally going to combine this with my current obsession with saurkraut.